A couple of my friends and I went to NM
over Presidents Day weekend.
My friend Amy has a goal to go to
30 destinations over the year, and needed
to 7 more by March. I had been wanting to
go home, so I asked her if she wanted to go to NM.
We didn't want to keep the fun all to ourselves
so we invited our friend Natalie to come with us.
We left at 9 in the morning with a couple of destinations
to hit on the way to NM- One of them being a secret.
Wilson Arch was the secret destination. Every time I
go home I always want to hike up to the arch, but
I don't want to do it alone. Finally I had some
people to go with, and I wasn't going to let
this opportunity go by.
(Me taking a picture of myself)
(The Result. It was extremely windy)
Our next destination was to go to the four corners-
Unfortunately we missed the turn off.
No worries though. We decided to go to it on our way
back to Utah.
Once we arrived to my hometown, we went strait to Le Petite
Salonto get our hair done by my wonderful sister.
It was such a relaxing time after sitting in the car
for seven hours.
Next on the list was dinner. Amys request was to
eat Navajo tacos.
YUM... Thanks Taco Box!
The next day we needed to fit in two destinations.
First on the list was the Aztec Ruins
It was pretty interesting. Seeing
how these people lived made me very grateful
for my home, and everything I have.
(Amy, me, and Natalie)
Second destination of the day was Durango, Colorado.
We walked around downtown, and went into a lot
fun shops.
Later that evening after we went to dinner, we came
home only to notice that the power was out.
The power has not gone out since I was little.
I think this was the best part of the day. It was so fun
to sit in the dark with only candles to light the room.
It only lasted for a little while, and we were a
little disappointed when the lights came back on.
When Monday came, it was time for us to pack up
and go home. Of course we had to stop at
the four corners. This time we payed extra attention
and didn't miss the turn.
(Natalie, Amy, Me) (Me)
( I swear I took a picture of New Mexico, but I can't find it.)
(Last but not least, me falling and tripping!)
I had such a great time with my friends. We laughed a lot,
and got to know each other a little better.
It was also a nice break from school and the "Utah bubble".
Now it's back to school, and all the awesome homework that
comes with it.















Glad you girls had fun. Oh, by the way, I paid extra to have the power go off for an hour so we could have an excuse to visit by candlelight. Small price to pay for such fun memories. Can't wait to see in March.
ReplyDelete