Yesterday I had a good idea of what my day was
going to be like. I was going to wake up early and
take my Law test (which I did), and then Garrett
was going to take me to Sundance to look at the
changing leaves. Unfortunately, we didn't get to
go to Sundance, because I decided to break the toilet.
When I went to flush the toilet, the handle wasn't working.
I lifted up the lid on the tank(not taking it completely off)
and tried to fix the handle. All of the sudden the lid slipped
from its place and fell into the tank.....hard. It instantly broke
the bottom of the tank making a huge hole. It all happened
so fast, I was suddenly watching the water gush out of the
bottom of the tank. Cuss word. In split seconds I wondered
if the water would stop, but then I realized it wouldn't, so I
turned the water off. I stared at the mess I had just created.
I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or to cry. At that moment
I was completely frustrated, and I wanted to cry. I called
my Mom to tell her what happened, hoping she would
calm me down and tell me what to do. "I hate my life!!"
I whined into the phone. I told her what happened thinking
I would cry, but I started laughing instead. I couldn't believe
I had just broken the toilet. We laughed over it, and my Mom
wanted me to send her a picture.
After I got off the phone with my Mom, I cleaned up the
mess and went over how I was going to tell my Aunt and
Uncle. When I heard my Aunt come home, I went downstairs
and sat at the kitchen table smiling cheesily. My aunt looked
at me, and then thinking I was smiling about my test, she asked
me how it went. I said that it went okay, and then had a
guilty laugh and smiled at her again. She looked at me a little
puzzled, and then I told her.
Me: "You know my toilet upstairs?"
Aunt Linda: "Yes."
Me: "You know how toilets are suppose hold water?"
Aunt Linda: "Yeah."
Me: "Mine doesn't do that anymore..... I broke it. I talked
to my mom and we are going to buy you a new one."
Aunt Linda: "You don't need to buy a new one."
Me: "What?! Yes I do."
Aunt Linda: "Because it's an old toilet, it probably
was going to break soon anyway."
Me: "No.... I BROKE it. Like, I really broke it. There
is a hole in the tank."
I don't remember word-for-word how the conversation
went, but it was very close to that. I told her how it
happened, and I was so grateful that she laughed at the
situation. I really made her laugh when I stated that the
only good thing about it was that I didn't have to clean the
toilet when I cleaned the bathroom earlier. We brainstormed
what the best way to fix the toilet was, and then called my
cousin Spencer to see if he would install a new one. He told
us that he broke his hand, but would instruct someone else
how to fix the toilet. My Aunt then called our friend Jordan
to see if he could help us out. He said he would, and that he
had some experience installing potties. Awesome! We waited
for Garrett to come over, so we could use him for his muscles.
He didn't know what had just happened before he came over.
When he got to my house, I let him in and then we walked into
the kitchen. I started laughing, and then Aunt Linda and
Kayla started laughing too. They encouraged me to tell
him what had happened. So I did, and I felt so silly. He was
finding out how clumsy I can be. He laughed and then gave
me a high five. I told him that we needed him to help us lift
up the new potty, so we all went to Home Depot. I let
Aunt Linda do the choosing- Mostly because I am indecisive,
and also because I have no clue how to pick out a good
toilet. We looked at the selection for a while, narrowing it
down between a few.
We finally picked one out, checked out, and went
home. Jordan was there when we arrived, and he was
pretty impressed with the story. The boys went up stairs,
took the old potty out, and then Jordan put in the new
one.Thank goodness for handymen! It still baffles me
that I broke a toilet. I mean... Who does that?! At least I
got a great story out of it. People will never let me live it
down, but I will laugh right along with them.
So, that is how my day went yesterday. I was looking
forward to spending time with Garrett at Sundance,
but instead the day revolved around a toilet.
How romantic. Everyone was a good sport about it, and
I eventually lightened up and tried to be a good sport
about it too.
Thanks to everyone who helped! You know you are
loved when people help you when you break a toilet.



you have no idea how baddly i wish i still lived in provo right at this moment
ReplyDeleteWho'da thunk it!
ReplyDelete