Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dear Joe,


You, my friend, will be greatly missed. You have been
 my friend for a long time, and I have been thinking 
about all of the memories we have together.
There are lots of them, and I want to share
some of them with you.

Our friendship started in Junior High. I 
remember having the BIGGEST crush on you all 
throughout junior high, and part of freshman year. 
You liked me too. At least I'm pretty sure you did.

We had orchestra together with Mrs. Barrett. We
had some great times together. You played the Bass
and I played the Viola. Do you remember when we went
to Durango for a competition?  I wanted so badly to
sit next to you on the bus ride, but you got seated with
Kayla instead. I was very jealous. Especially when she 
put her head on your shoulder. I glared at her. I remember
 you said something to me about it, stating that it was 
only a bus ride. Do you remember our cool performance
during state? We wore glow-in-the-dark jewelry! Every
one said it was awesome, and we ended up winning! We
 also went on a jeep ride during that trip, and you decided
to wear sandals. It was freezing outside, so I sat on your
 feet to keep them warm! I was such a good friend. ;) 

I also remember passing notes to you and all my friends.
I kind of wish that was still cool. I remember I was writing to
either Niki or Laycy about you, and one of our teachers
either found the note, or took it from me. She then pulled
me aside and asked me if I liked you. I can't remember what
I said, but I didn't really want to tell her. 

When you moved close to Niki and Laycy, I would purposely
 walk by your house a lot when I was playing with them.
 I was pretty convinced that your parents weren't our biggest
 fans back then. I was probably a little annoying. Plus, they
 thought Niki and I broke your tree, but we didn't. We tried to
convince them it was the younger girls, but they didn't believe
 us. I'm glad they like me now, though. :)

Do you remember that time we went to the "haunted
house?" My mom drove us there and stayed in the
care while we walked around. I was scared out of my
mind! Something scared Chris, and he started running
and screaming. We all started running and screaming too.
Except you. I think you decided you needed to pee, and
went somewhere to take care of business. You told us that
something  bit you, and I totally believed you. Liar!

During one of my birthday party we watched Peter Pan 
outside. We all were laying down in a row, and you were on
 the opposite side of me, so I decided to steamrolled
everyone and squished in between you and someone else. It
was probably pretty obvious, but I didn't care. I also
 remember when you tried to hold my hand under the blanket
 when we were watching a movie with our friends. I freaked out.
 I had  never held a boys hand before. I moved my hand a
 little, so we  were only kind of holding hands. At your birthday
 party, we played a game where we all had to hold hands. I, of
 course, ended up next to you. You squeezed my hand a couple
 times and gave me the butterflies. 

I was sad when Junior High was over. Half of my friends
 were going to PV, which included you. We started becoming
 a little distant from each other, but we were still friends! 
You even took me out on my first date. I will NEVER forget
my first date. We decided to toilet papered the Camphuysen's
 house. Do you remember what happened? We got caught by
the cops! I seriously thought I was going to jail that night. 
Luckily the Camphuysen's caught us earlier, so we didn't
get in trouble. They came out and told the police it was okay.
Then we ran into their house and started throwing toiled
paper around. Then we went into Whitney's room and started
 to mess with her. It was great!

I also asked you to go to MORP with me. We dressed
up like cowboys and cowgirls. I thought we looked
pretty legit. You even borrowed my dads Texas belt.




You asked me to go to Prom with you our Junior year.
I even remember how you asked me. You told me to sift through
 some flour to find your name, but there was nothing there.
The next day you left me actual flowers with your name on it.
We ate dinner at your house, and your sisters served us.
That was fun. The actual dance was lame, but maybe it was
 because we sat at the table and didn't dance. hah!


We didn't see much of each other after that. We were still
friends, but didn't hang out as much our senior year.
Probably because we were both dating people. It wasn't
until the summer of 2009 that we started hanging out again.
I don't really remember what happened that created the
 Fab Five. That was such a fun summer! Probably one of
 my favorites so far. You, me, Tanner, Hillarie, and Matt
 hung out almost every day. We played guitar hero, watched
movies, went swimming in Matts pool, rode longboards, and
 laughed. We played guitar hero/rockband so much that
 I finally made it to medium. I was pretty proud of myself for
 that, even though everyone else was playing on hard.



Do you remember that one time we played a prank on Matt?
We got him pretty good! I still don't think he has forgiven
 us of that. Except for Hillarie- He wasn't even mad at her.





Your mom was so kind to take these pictures of us.
It was the end of the summer, and some of us were
going our separate ways. I will always treasure
these pictures, and the fun times we had that summer.

I always tried to persuade you to stay for Priesthood
with offering to give you Subway after. It only worked
a couple times though. :)

You were so tired this night. I am pretty sure this is the
night we pranked Matt. You were cracking Hillarie and I up!

Joe, You were always a great friend to me. Your goofy
 personality always made me laugh! I am SO grateful for the 
Atonement, and for the knowledge I have of it. I WILL get to
see you again, my dear friend. We will only be apart for
a short while, and then we will continue our friendship in the
after life. 


Love, Stephanie




1 comment:

  1. Very nice tribute to Joe. He was such a goof ball you couldn't help but love the guy.

    ReplyDelete

background